[smart_track_player url=”https://archive.org/download/Blockchainforprofits1/Blockchainforprofits1.mp3″ title=”Blockchain for Profits 1″ artist=”Sodiq Akinjobi ” background=”default” social_email=”true” ]
Welcome to Blockchain for Profits.
In this course, we will be taking
● Overview of Blockchain (Ethereum)
● Solidity Programming
● Launching a Node to setup a Blockchain project
● Creation and Deployment of Smart Contracts
● Creation of a Crytotoken
The main GOAL is to be able to create your own smart contracts.
We won’t cover cryptocurrency speculation and bitcoin.
So, let’s get started.
What is a Blockchain?
A blockchain is a fully-distributed, peer-to-peer
software network which makes use of
cryptography to securely host applications,
store data, and easily transfer digital
instruments of value that represent real-world
Cryptography is the art of communication via
1. Consensus: independent validation among multiple parties
2. Secure chain of data: transparency and auditability
3. Transactions: transfer of ownership of data, assets etc.
Kind of Blockchain
1. Public if anybody can join the network (permission less)
2. Private if participants need permission to join
Uses Cases Around the World
1. Bitpesa – Remittances
2. AidTech – Tracking of Payment
3. Consent – Digital ID
4. Seso – Real Estate Marketplace
Setting Up Your Development Environment
● Geth – https://ethereum.github.io/go-ethereum/downloads/
● Ganache – truffleframework.com/ganache
● Node – nodejs.org
● Truffle – npm install -g truffle
● Solidity – npm install -g solc
● Visual Studio Code – https://code.visualstudio.com
● Git – https://git-scm.com/downloads
Geth is a command line interface that allows you to run a full Ethereum node. It is implemented in Go and allows you to mine blocks, to generate ether, to deploy and interact with smart contracts. It can connect to the public Ethereum like the main net or to create your own private network for development purposes.
Ganache is an ethereum blockchain emulator that you can use for development purposes. It has a UI that allows you to inspect blocks and transactions. It allows you test your contracts locally.
Truffle is used to compile, test and deploy your smart contracts and to build framework that will increase your development speed.
Solidity is a contract-oriented programming language for writing smart contracts. It is a statically-typed programming language designed for developing smart contracts that run on the EVM
Visual Studio Code is a source code editor developed by Microsoft for Windows, Linux and MacOS. Once you download VS Code, search for the solidity extension and install.
Git is a version control system for tracking changes in computer files and coordinating work on those files among multiple people.
Get your development environment ready as from next week, we will go deeper into Blockchain.
If you have questions, feel free to email me via email@example.com